Pet Spay and Neuter in Rochester Hills, MI
Spaying and neutering are important medical procedures that enhance the quality of your pets’ life. Not only does spaying and neutering have positive effects on your pet’s health, but it’s also vital to controlling the stray pet population.
Pet Spay and Neuter
Surgery can be nerve-wracking for pet owners, especially if their companion is still a puppy or kitten. On the other hand, spay and neuter surgeries are key factors in keeping pets healthy as they age. Spay and neuter surgeries are among the most common treatments performed in veterinary medicine, and for a good reason, as they prevent undesired births and various problematic health and behavioral disorders.
The Benefits of Spay and Neuter Surgery
Male and female cats and dogs can benefit from being spayed or neutered. Some of the health and behavioral issues eliminated by this procedure include:
- Eliminates the heat cycle and spotting in females
- Reduces the risk of mammary tumors in females
- Prevents uterine infections and cancers in females
- Reduces roaming tendencies in males and females
- Reduces aggressive behavior in males
- Eliminates or reduces mounting and marking/spray behaviors in males
- Prevents testicular tumors in males
- Reduces the risk of prostate problems in males